NAB files corruption reference against PML-N's Ahsan Iqbal
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has filed a reference against former federal minister Ahsan Iqbal in Narowal Sports Complex corruption case.
On Wednesday, the anti-corruption watchdog filed the reference against the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) leader for misusing his authority and increasing budget of the project.
Ahsan Iqbal is accused of using funds of the federal government and Pakistan Sports board (PSB) for a sports city in Narowal.
Former director-general Akhtar Nawaz, Sarfraz Rasool, Muhammad Ahmed and Asif Sheikh have also been nominated in the NAB’s reference.
An Islamabad accountability court will take up Narowal Sports City case against Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Ahsan Iqbal on November 19 (tomorrow).
The anti-graft body had announced to initiate a probe into alleged violation of rules in the construction of the National Sports City project – a day after its inauguration by the then President of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022