First episode of Coke Studio season 12 to release today
Now the musical show is heading towards the first episode, scheduled to release this week, is all set to feature three separate groups of artists. Among them are Zoe Viccaji and Shahab Hussain with a joint collaboration called ‘Ram Pam’ with Shahab Hussain finally making his Coke Studio featured artist debut, having been a part of the house-band for the last several years.
The bilingual track is being written by Sahir Ali Bagga, in Urdu and Punjabi and is said to be a “light-hearted take on love”.
“Music gives you goosebumps. Music is something extraordinary, it plays next level games with our mind. We are attracted to it and we are also driven away by it. It has power,” said the multi-talented Shahab Hussain, whose debut should be worth watching.
The second song, another bilingual effort is by qawwali king Rahat Fateh Ali Khan (going solo) is called ‘Dam Mastam’. It is said to showcase the celebration of love for Maula Ali by Shahbaz Qalandar, with lyrics by Javed in Punjabi and Persian.
“As long as a spiritual artist respects their craft, peace prevails. It is wonderful when a singer has a noble cause, when they are spreading a message of love, peace, and brotherhood as presented by our saints, without the greed of money or the world. This is the real purpose of qawwali,” said Rahat Fateh Ali Khan in a press statement.
Atif Aslam's rendition of Wohi Khuda Hai is ... 03:53 PM | 14 Oct, 2019
It is pacifying, it is soulful, it is melodious. Atif Aslam’s rendition of Hamd, Wohi Khuda Hai for Coke Studio was ...
The third and most exciting artist from the three, however, is a group called Barkat Jamal Fakir Troupe, who will be presenting a track called ‘Maahi Diyaan Jhokaan’.
Apart from the fact that they have never appeared on the show before, the song is in Seraiki and is supposed to be a desperate cry for the Beloved for which the speaker is willing to embrace earthly dislike because of it for it is “no ordinary love”.
In a press statement, noted Barakat Jamal, “Music is nutrition for the soul. Before we even sing the song, we listen to it. We understand it, then we sing it. Since my childhood, this has been my soul’s nutrition. When I sing, my soul finds peace.”
Stay tuned for more news and updates to Daily Pakistan Global.
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- NACTA adds TLP to banned outfits’ list of Pakistan05:49 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests: PM Imran pays tribute to police for heroically tackling ...05:19 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021