India ranked 4th worst in religious hostilities: study
Afghanistan ranked at number 8 and Pakistan at 10. Along with Israel, Yemen, Russia, Afghanistan, the Palestinian territories and Egypt, these countries fall in the very high social hostilities category with scores 7.2 and higher.
Katayoun Kishi, the lead researcher on the study, told Huffington Post India that Hindu-Muslim hostility played a role in India’s rank.
The report says that government restrictions rose in nearly all regions in 2015.
"The global rise in social hostilities reflected a number of factors, including increases in mob violence related to religion, individuals being assaulted or displaced due to their faith, and incidents where violence was used to enforce religious norms,” Pew said.
This surge was also linked to use of force by governments against religious groups.
According to Huffington Post, hostilities towards Muslims, in particular, have increased considerably. "In 2015, 32 countries in Europe saw social hostilities towards Muslims. Hostilities against Jews in Europe remained common with a reported 33 countries."
- PSL6, Match 8 – Karachi Kings to face Multan Sultans today11:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan shall respond with full might to defend motherland: DG ISPR10:25 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates nation, salutes Pakistan Armed Forces on ...10:05 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- ‘Surprise Day’ – Nation celebrates Feb 27 as tribute to PAF's ...09:38 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Kashif Zameer accused of kidnapping, torturing social media activist ...10:27 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021