Jazz contributes PKR 50 million to PM’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s leading digital company Jazz has contributed PKR 50 million to the Prime Minister's COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund, in line with its commitment to support the government in the fight against COVID-19.
In a meeting that took place between Prime Minister Imran Khan and Jazz CEO, Aamir Ibrahim, support for those in need during these trying times was reiterated. The cheque was presented to the Government specifically for health relief and food rations.
As a VEON group company, Jazz was the first telco to make an announcement pledging PKR 1.2 billion for the pandemic and demonstrated the need for others to follow. The amount gives 61 million customers access to zero-rated helplines and funds for COVID testing kits through the Shaukat Khanum hospital. The pledge also gives the opportunity for a large population of daily wagers to receive food rations via JazzCash and CNICs. Pakistanis can seek and verify critical information on a COVID-19 portal under a #JazzCares campaign launched right after the pandemic was declared.
Jazz CEO Aamir Ibrahim said, “Having met the Prime Minister, I’m grateful for the opportunity to do our humble part in the movement to end COVID-19 using all the means we have. The modern weaponry against disasters has changed. Now we need a wide knowledge-base, a documented economy, access to data and high-speed internet access. We cannot permit the economy to pause just because of a physical lockdown anymore.”
The telecom industry as a whole has agreed to work collaboratively and improve digital technology infrastructure in the country to support disaster management; work-from-home human capital, education technology, and digital financial services.
The Jazz CEO gave a live demo to the Prime Minister on how to contribute to the National Pandemic Relief Fund using JazzCash. This gives access to 8M JazzCash customers to contribute to the Relief Fund from the convenience of their homes within seconds.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said, “I appreciate the Jazz initiative of establishing a public SMS voluntary contribution service. This service is now extended to all operators on the contribution SMS code 6677.”
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021