Govt urged to make Abbottabad Inquiry Commission’s report public
The head of the Inquiry commission Justice (Retd.) Javed Iqbal said that the report only focused on identifying those responsible for what happened.
The commission investigated and reported the circumstances surrounding the May 2011 raid by US Special Forces at a compound in Abbottabad. The commission conducted interviews of over 300 witnesses and gave 200 recommendations in a 700-page report to the prime minister. The report was immediately classified, but a version was leaked by an international news network.
He shared that his daughter keeps asking whether Osama bin Laden was in Abbottabad or not and he keeps telling her that if he revealed that, nothing would remain in the report.
On the issue of missing persons, Justice (Retd.) Iqbal said that many of the missing persons had been recovered. He added that he was surprised that the media had failed to highlight the story about the recovery of missing persons.
Justice (Retd.) however made it clear that the missing person commission received no cooperation from the institutions, yet it had decided over 2,416 missing person cases.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022