Food poisoning case: Two employees of Arizona Grill restaurant arrested in Karachi

11:27 AM | 19 Dec, 2018
Food poisoning case: Two employees of Arizona Grill restaurant arrested in Karachi
Share
KARACHI - Police have arrested two employees of the upscale restaurant, Arizona Grill, where two children dined and died a day later due to suspected food poisoning.

Two brothers - one-and-a-half-year-old Ahmad and five-year-old Mohammad - dined out at the restaurant with their mother and later died of alleged food poisoning on November 11. The woman was also shifted to a private hospital for treatment.

The incident triggered a police probe into the case, while the restaurant was sealed by the authorities.

Unhygienic food causes death of two minors at ... 06:27 PM | 11 Nov, 2018

KARACHI - Two children have lost their lives on Sunday afternoon after consuming substandard food at a restaurant in ...

According to police, a case has been registered against employees Amir Akhtar and Irfan Aleem under the charges of “reason to murder” and “destroying evidence”.

Medical reports of the children revealed that the siblings had consumed substandard food which caused food poisoning.

The final cause of the minors’ death will be determined in light of the microbiology report, which is yet to be issued.

Meat from 2014 discovered from Arizona Grill 11:37 AM | 14 Nov, 2018

KARACHI - The upscale restaurant Arizona Grill sealed in Karachi over the death of two minor siblings was found to ...

On Nov 14, food authorities expired meat and squash bottles from the storeroom of the restaurant. The Sindh Food Authority sealed the warehouse of the eatery on Tuesday after conducting a raid and recovering one of the meat packages which bore expiry date from 2015.

Abrar Shaikh, the director for operations of the food authority, detailed that hundreds of squash bottles that were a year past their expiry dates and around 80kg of rotten meat were found in the store of Arizona Grill.