Pakistani man executed in Saudi Arabia for heroin smuggling
Lal Khan was caught smuggling heroin and the accused was convicted by the court with the sentence endorsed by the appeal and Supreme Courts. A royal order was issued to execute the sentence.
On Oct 1, a Pakistan national named Zahed Al-Rahman Shafie Al-Rahman was beheaded in Saudi Arabia’s eastern region after he was caught smuggling heroin inside his intestines.
The Kingdom’s laws on drug smuggling are among the strictest in the world and it has carried out multiple executions of those convicted of the crime.
In July, two Pakistani nationals and a Lebanese national were executed in the Kingdom, while a Nigerian national was executed in Madinah in June for smuggling cocaine in his intestines.
Those executed in the country for drug smuggling last year include five Saudi nationals, four Pakistani nationals, three Yemenis, Two Egyptians, one Syrian national and a Palestinian national.
- Top Pakistani envoy congratulates Sweden on national day03:40 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran calls on the world to crack down on online extremism03:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Chinese woman breaks own Guinness world record for the longest ...02:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- WATCH - US diver survives being swallowed alive by a humpback whale02:37 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Enjoy the best PSL deals with OPPO Pakistan02:18 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Why Aishwarya Rai refused to work in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?01:52 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sajal Aly to feature in Atif Aslam's new music video02:50 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021