NASA spacecraft touches the sun for the first time ever
NASA says the spacecraft was flying into the eye of a storm amid the superheated corona
WASHINGTON – National Aeronautics and Space Administration impudent Parker Solar Probe has achieved a major landmark as it entered the sun’s atmosphere.
Scientists believe that the long-awaited leap will help people better understand the solar system and the sun’s influence on the gravitationally bound system.
The major announcement was shared on Tuesday during a meeting of the American Geophysical Union which stated that the Parker solar probe literally glided through the corona in April during the spacecraft’s eighth close approach to the main parent star of the Earth.
Officials while sharing the development mentioned that it took a few months to get the data back and then several more months to confirm what was recorded.
Parker Solar Probe, which dipped into a region around our star that scientists call the corona and withstand extreme heat and radiation but managed to capture new insights on how the Sun works.
NASA’s spacecraft, which glides at the colossal speed at over 500,000km/h, was reportedly launched around three years ago.
The manmade spacecraft was just 8m miles from the center of the Sun when it first crossed the jagged, uneven boundary between the solar atmosphere and outgoing solar wind. As pe the release, Parker was dipped in and out of the corona at least three times, each a smooth transition, according to scientists.
In the pictures and clips shared by the Us agency, the corona appeared dustier than expected, while scientists are little aware of the origin of the solar wind, and how it is heated and accelerated out into space.
Researchers are fascinated by the corona because it's where some key processes take place that currently defies explanation. Parker's team name pseudostreamer to huge structures that come forth from the megastar.
China becomes world's second nation to plant flag ... 11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
BEIJING – China has planted his five-starred Red flag on the surface of the moon, becoming world’s second ...
NASA team will gather more data as the probe ventures ever deeper into the corona on future flybys of the Sun. It should eventually get to within 7 million km of the photosphere in 2025.
- Muzaffar Ali Ranja appointed chairman of Prime Minister’s ...09:59 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates US on Independence Day09:29 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shoaib Akhtar shares unique view of Holy Kaaba09:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:34 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 04 July 202208:15 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain share stunning pictures from vacation09:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022