Empire State building turns green to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr
The Empire State building in New York has been turned green to mark the Eid celebrations.
The skyscraper was illuminated with the green lights until 2:00 a.m. (EST) on Saturday morning when the building traditionally turns out its lights, reported The Jerusalem Post.
The skyscraper has carried out the tradition "for several years now, it is an annual lighting," the building spokeswoman said.
The Empire State Building shines different colors for a number of religious holidays and major events: pastel shades for Easter, blue and white for Hanukkah, and red and green for Christmas. Red, white and blue for the US women's World Cup victory, rainbow colors for gay Pride Week, and blue, white and purple for World Oceans Day.
- Pakistan soldier martyred in exchange of fire with TTP terrorists in ...12:18 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021: Karachi Kings beat Quetta Gladiators to make it to play-offs11:36 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Primary schools in Sindh to open from Monday09:17 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Reema Khan shares adorable video with her husband05:38 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021