Empire State building turns green to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr
The Empire State building in New York has been turned green to mark the Eid celebrations.
The skyscraper was illuminated with the green lights until 2:00 a.m. (EST) on Saturday morning when the building traditionally turns out its lights, reported The Jerusalem Post.
The skyscraper has carried out the tradition "for several years now, it is an annual lighting," the building spokeswoman said.
The Empire State Building shines different colors for a number of religious holidays and major events: pastel shades for Easter, blue and white for Hanukkah, and red and green for Christmas. Red, white and blue for the US women's World Cup victory, rainbow colors for gay Pride Week, and blue, white and purple for World Oceans Day.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- KP IG’s brother dies in Larkana road accident08:37 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021