VIDEO: Chinese sprinter takes on fighter jet
In a short clip, Zhang Peimeng can be seen gearing himself up for the 50 metre sprint as he performs a ritualistic warm-up before putting his hands down on the track and getting into position.
The pilot fires up his engines and then the high-speed contest begins.
The athlete then takes off and runs as fast as he can without even slowing down to keep an eye on the speed of the jet which is speeding down the runway to his right.
Miraculously Zhang edges into the distance and pips the aircraft to the finish line.
The 30-year old track and field competitor is best known for his performance at the 2013 Moscow world championships, where he achieved his personal best of time of 10.00 seconds in the 100 metre race.
The video has gained thousands of views online with commenters praising Zhang's 'superb energy' following his amazing feat.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020