Obama is a 'Muslim' to Republicans
That is somehow less than the 40 per cent who believe Canadian-born Ted Cruz was born in the United States.
When the same questions were posed to only Donald Trump supporters, the results were even more depressing.
Sixty-six per cent of Trump’s supporters believe that Obama is a Muslim and 61 per cent believe he was not born in the US.
Trump’s supporters represent the largest proportion in line with these beliefs, but they aren’t alone in them.
Only among the supporters of John Kasich, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio are there more people who think President Obama was born in the United States than those who do not.
In addition only among the supporters of Christie, Kasich and Bush are there more who believe he is a Christian, not a Muslim.
These misconceptions about Obama are not the first to emerge this week.
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Karachi listed among least safe major cities in the EIU 2021 report11:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Saudi Arabia once again offers to mediate between Pakistan, India10:58 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Info Minister's brother Faisal Chaudhry made NAB prosecutor10:26 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021