HBO didn’t put Gwendoline Christie up for an Emmy Nomination—so she got it herself
What do you do when you aren't submitted as a nominee for the 2019 Emmy Awards? You submit yourself, of course. And that is exactly what the Knights of the Seven Kingdoms did!
It turns out that HBO didn’t put Emmy nominee Gwendoline Christie up for consideration; she self-submitted and subsequently earned the nomination herself, alongside fellow self-submitted nominees Alfie Allen and Carice van Houten.
Each of them were nominated for Emmys within their respective categories of best supporting actress, best supporting actor, and best guest actress in a drama series. The cost of submitting a self-nomination is $225.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, HBO didn’t nominate Christie and Allen so it could promote the bigger stars in the supporting categories instead.
The show broke records this year for having the most Emmy nominations and Christie's nomination is one of GoT's 33 nominations.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019