NAB to file corruption reference against foreign ministry officials
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has approved filing of a reference against officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs over alleged loss to national exchequer.
NAB Chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal gave go-ahead during a meeting of the executive board. The officials of the foreign ministry sold a building owned by Pakistan in Jakarta, causing losses to national kitty.
The board also approved inquiries against Akram Durrani, Arif Habib, job testing service and other suspects over alleged corruption.
It also allowed officials to verify the complaints lodged against officials of the Ministry of Religious Affairs.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020