No new tax in upcoming budget: Finance Adviser
ISLAMABAD - Adviser to the Prime Minister on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh has informed that the government would not introduce any new tax in the upcoming budget to facilitate the industrial sector in wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
While talking to a private news channel, the adviser said that the government is trying to reduce its expenditures by adopting austerity measures and added that the government would have to do work hard in coming days to reduce the budget deficit to nine percent.
He said basic objective of the government is to provide relief to the people in the next budget and duties going to be decreased on many things in the budget.
He said under the relief program of G-20 countries, payments of 1.8 billion dollars will be differed.
He said that the negative impact of coronavirus was also affecting our national economy like other countries.
Replying to a question, Hafeez said that the government would give package in upcoming budget to those sectors which were increases economic activities and generate employment opportunities.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020