PM Imran directs ministries to adopt strategy to reduce prices of wheat, sugar
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the federal ministries and provincial governments to bring down prices of wheat, sugar, cooking oil and fruits and vegetables to provide relief to the public, Special Assistant on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference in the federal capital, she said the PM held a three-hour meeting on Friday with Chief Ministers of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, chief secretaries and ministries of food, agriculture, statistics, commerce and industry and cane commissioners and asked them to adopt a comprehensive strategy on ways to reduce prices of essential commodities.
'Durust Daam': Islamabad admin launches app to ... 09:18 PM | 15 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) administration Tuesday launched a mobile App 'Durust Daam' (exact ...
The Prime Minister directed that people should be shielded from hikes in prices and availability of food items should be ensured, she told the reporters.
The price of wheat increased in the Sindh province after it failed to procure the commodity and its stocks depleted, she added.
- Number of coronavirus cases starts declining in Islamabad, says NCOC11:41 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa hails improved security situation in tribal districts10:04 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020