Wiki Loves Monuments, Largest Photographic Competition, Has Returned To Pakistan!
With the support of UNESCO, Wiki Loves Monuments takes place annually throughout September, and has been taking place since 2010, being officially certified by the Guiness Book of World Records as the ‘Largest Photography Competition In History’.
It’s primary aim is to encourage people to preserve the world’ s cultural heritage sites digitally, and upload them to Wikipedia under a free license as opposed to ‘all rights reserved’, so that the photographs can be re-used to illustrate the relevant articles and be accessible by everyone freely.
So gear up and participate, all you Pakistani photographers!
Spread the word!
The competition is open for submissions until 30th September, 2016.
For more information, log onto http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org/
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021