Pakistan renews call for enhancing efforts to achieve SDGs regarding poverty, climate change
NEW YORK – Pakistan, at the United Nations (UN), has renewed its call for redoubling efforts to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) aimed at ending poverty, fighting inequalities and tackling climate change.
While speaking at a high-level side event of General Assembly, Pakistan’s Permanent Representative to United Nations and President of United Nations Economic and Social Council Munir Akram gave the call.
He underscored that highest priority is to control coronavirus pandemic which has inflicted unparalleled human suffering.
Munir Akram also stressed the need to find ways to bridge the digital divide between the developed and developing countries.
- HEC clarifies closure of universities amid coronavirus spike10:56 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Classmate tricked Chiniot university student to gang-rape her at ...10:43 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Anoushey Ashraf praises Turkish people for their kindness towards ...10:18 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Meet the first ambassador of Namal Knowledge City05:09 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020