Call for stripping India’s first premier Jawaharlal Nehru of Bharat Ratna
Family spokesperson Chandra Kumar Bose said Nehru's character is now open before the public eye since the revelations.
"Bharat Ratna is a civilian award and the character that Nehru has displayed... he doesn't deserve the award. The people of this country demand that Nehru's Bharat Ratna should be stripped. His Bharat Ratna should be taken away," Chandra Kumar, Netaji's grand nephew, said.
According to documents accessed by author and researcher Anuj Dhar, Bose's close relatives, including his two nephews Sisir Kumar Bose and Amiya Nath Bose, were purportedly spied upon for 20 years between 1948 and 1968. Nehru was the prime minister for 16 of those 20 years.
The clamour for publicising over 150 secret documents too has been gaining ground with the Narendra Modi-led central government setting up an inter-ministerial committee headed by the cabinet secretary to review the Official Secrets Act in the context of such files.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021