REWARD FOR SAFETY: Dubai police gives brand new cars to lucky drivers
The Dubai Police recently held a special ceremony to honour safe drivers and sponsors of the white point system.
The names of 1,500 safe drivers who did not commit any traffic offense last year were in the special draw for the car.
Although only one winner was scheduled to be picked during this annual event, Sheikh Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum decided to pick a second name this year.
Layla Al Baloushi and Atiq Mubarak were both awarded cars. Dubai Police later posted the pictures of the winners on their official twitter handle.
During the event, Major-General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina, Commander-in-Chief of the Dubai Police stressed how the white point system had helped to reduce the number of road accidents substantially.
The White Points System, which rewards Dubai drivers who follow traffic rules, was introduced in 2012.
- India hosts first Central Asia summit with focus on Afghanistan10:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Bisconni music wraps up season 2 with brilliant performances from ...09:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan PM to attend Beijing Olympics in show of ‘solidarity’ ...09:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Political appointments in power sector causing increase in energy ...08:22 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- PSL7: Paragliders kick off the biggest cricket event IN THE AIR! ...07:50 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi apologises to Nauman Ijaz after being 'too busy' for ...04:33 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021