Pakistan expands Ehsaas free meal programme to more cities
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday expanded his government's Ehsaas free meals programme to three major cities of Punjab.
Inaugurating four food trucks for Multan, Lahore, and Gujranwala in the federal capital on Friday afternoon, he directed to ensure quality of food at all cost.
Now the food will be distributed through 16 mobile trucks in various cities across Pakistan.
The government is planning to increase the number of food trucks to 40 and the program to 29 cities by October this year to provide free of cost meals to the poor people, according to an official statement.
The 'Ehsaas Koi Bhooka Na Soye' programme is a step toward making Pakistan a welfare state in true sense. Under this initiative, around 40, 000 people will be provided free of cost meals on daily basis.
- LIVE: PTI supporters in Imran Khan's long march set police van on ...11:03 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022