Pakistan expands Ehsaas free meal programme to more cities
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday expanded his government's Ehsaas free meals programme to three major cities of Punjab.
Inaugurating four food trucks for Multan, Lahore, and Gujranwala in the federal capital on Friday afternoon, he directed to ensure quality of food at all cost.
Now the food will be distributed through 16 mobile trucks in various cities across Pakistan.
The government is planning to increase the number of food trucks to 40 and the program to 29 cities by October this year to provide free of cost meals to the poor people, according to an official statement.
The 'Ehsaas Koi Bhooka Na Soye' programme is a step toward making Pakistan a welfare state in true sense. Under this initiative, around 40, 000 people will be provided free of cost meals on daily basis.
- Head of jury at International Film Festival of India calls The ...10:25 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Submarine cable cuts disrupt internet services in Pakistan09:59 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Pakistan beat Iran to clinch Central Asian Volleyball Champions 202209:52 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Pakistani govt increases fee for trophy hunting permit to $25,00008:55 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Congratulations pour in for new Army Chief General Asim Munir08:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Amna Ilyas turns up the temperature with new bold photoshoot06:16 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Merub Ali and Asim Azhar's cute interaction wins over internet07:01 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah’s new dance video in bridal dress goes ...07:24 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022