IMF says Pakistan's economic reforms program on track
WASHINGTON - International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that Pakistan 's economic reforms program is on track and has started to bear fruit.
The world lender said that decisive policy implementation by Pakistani authorities is helping to preserve economic stability.
It also noted that transition to a market-determined exchange rate has been orderly and inflation has started to stabilize, mitigating the impact on the most vulnerable groups of the population.
David Lipton also noted that efforts are ongoing in Pakistan to further improve the business environment, strengthen governance and foster private sector investment. He said reforms of the state-owned enterprises will help put Pakistan 's public finances on a sustainable path and have positive spillovers by levelling the playing field and improving the provision of services.
The completion of the review will allow Pakistan to draw about 452.5 million dollars from the world lender bringing the total disbursements to 1440 million dollars.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019