IMF says Pakistan's economic reforms program on track
WASHINGTON - International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that Pakistan's economic reforms program is on track and has started to bear fruit.
The world lender said that decisive policy implementation by Pakistani authorities is helping to preserve economic stability.
It also noted that transition to a market-determined exchange rate has been orderly and inflation has started to stabilize, mitigating the impact on the most vulnerable groups of the population.
David Lipton also noted that efforts are ongoing in Pakistan to further improve the business environment, strengthen governance and foster private sector investment. He said reforms of the state-owned enterprises will help put Pakistan's public finances on a sustainable path and have positive spillovers by levelling the playing field and improving the provision of services.
The completion of the review will allow Pakistan to draw about 452.5 million dollars from the world lender bringing the total disbursements to 1440 million dollars.
- PM Imran warns of Srebrenica like massacre in IOJ&K similar to as ...10:55 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 247,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,157 confirmed ...09:03 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange returns to regular operational hours on Monday08:48 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Feroze Khan celebrates his 30th birthday03:10 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020