Railways to launch a new train between Gujranwala, Lahore on Feb 24
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Railways has decided to launch a new train service between Gujranwala and Lahore by February 24 to facilitate the passengers of the two major cities of Punjab province.
While announcing the launch of the new facility here Thursday, Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said the Gujranwala Express would start operations from Monday.
The new train would be inaugurated by Minister for Railways and as per schedule, three trains would run daily to and from Lahore.
Pakistan Railways had fixed a one-way fare of Rs100 to facilitate the increasing number of passengers between to the two cities.
He said the new train service would not only cater to the rush between two populated cities but also help the Pakistan Railways to generate more revenue to make the department a profitable entity.
Gujranwala Express would stop on Badami Bagh, Shahdara, Kala Shah Kaku, Muridke, Sadhoke, Kamoke, Eminabad and Gujranwala city.
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from six South African countries, Hong Kong over ...07:50 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021