World Bank appreciates Pakistan's Polio Programme
The World Bank delegation led by Dr. Robert Oelrichs, Task Team leader for National Immunization Support Project (NISP) called on Senator Ayesha Raza Farooq, Prime Minister's Focal Person for
Polio Eradication here.
Besides conveying its willingness to finance the Polio Programme, the mission also indicated interest to support the long term sustainability of the valuable National Emergency Center (EOC) network in the interest of overall national public health agenda.
The Mission appreciated the commitment that was visible at all levels. Dr. Oelrich made special mention of his visit to the National Emergency Operation Centre a day before.
The Mission during their visit to the National EOC was particularly impressed by the data management mechanisms including the indigenously developed dashboard.
The meeting was also attended by Dr. Rana Muhammad Safdar, Coordinator of the National Emergency Operation Centre.
Sharing progress on Polio, the Prime Minister's Focal Person mentioned more than 80 percent decline in Polio cases during 2015 over the preceding year along with persistent confinement of virus transmission in terms of geographical spread and circulating genetic clusters.
She also apprised Mission on how new innovations of Polio plus in health camps, consistent community engagement through long term volunteers and combination of IPV-OPV SIAs helped the programme in
turning the situation around. Dr. Rana Safdar, National Coordinator gave an overview of the
national EOC network and explained mechanisms put in place for real time use of valid data for decision making on real time basis.
He also appraised the delegation on plans to utilize the valuable system for integrated disease surveillance and response system in the long run to tackle all health threats including emergencies.
- Imran Khan’s remarks about Maryam Nawaz widely condemned11:41 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022