Rana Shamim affidavit: IHC indicts ex-GB judge in contempt case
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) Thursday charged ex-chief justice of Gilgit-Baltistan Rana Shamim for leveling allegations against former chief justice of Pakistan Saqib Nisar in an affidavit.
After IHC Chief Justice Athar Minallah framed the charges, Rana Shamim said: "I accept some things and some I don't."
The contempt of court case pertains to the publication of an affidavit containing serious allegations that ex-chief justice of Pakistan Saqib Nisar attempted to influence a case against former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz.
During the last hearing on January 7, the IHC had adjourned the hearing on a contempt of court case against the former chief judge of Gilgit-Baltistan and several journalists till today.
The court was informed that Jang Group owner Mir Shakeelur Rehman could not appear for the proceedings as he had tested positive for Covid-19.
IHC Chief Justice Athar Minallah rejected Attorney General Khalid Jawed Khan's request to allow Rehman to attend court proceedings via video link.
IHC defers indictment of Rana Shamim and others ... 01:30 PM | 7 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Friday adjourned the hearing of a contempt of court case against ...
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022