Heavy rain slows down routine life in Lahore
The Meteorological Department forecast similar weather conditions for the next 24 hours. An official said that about 34mm rain was recorded at Qartaba Chowk, which was submerged with rainwater.
Wasa officials said that the Agency utilised heavy machinery and manpower immediately after the rain and water were drained out within two hours after the rain.
Rainwater was seen accumulated in various localities of the city including Johar Town, Ichhra, Muslim Town, Garden Town, Bahria Town, Mozang, Railway Road, Gwalmandi, Davis Road, Garhi Shahu, Canal Bank Road, Township and adjacent areas.
The Met Department said a weak monsoon current from Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal ware continuously penetrating the upper and central parts of the country and is likely to continue during next 24 hours.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020