Maryam Nawaz admits owning vast stretch of land, hefty investments in companies
According to the affidavit submitted to the returning officer along with the nomination papers, Maryam had net assets totaling Rs845,953,559 on June 30, 2017 which had increased by Rs44,154,464 in the previous financial year alone.
The former first daughter has also declared that her agricultural land holdings have increased in each of the last three years and currently stand at 1,506 kanal on which she earned an income of Rs11,587,268 and paid 1,703,590 as the agricultural tax.
Asif Zardari declares UAE iqama, multiple luxury ... 05:02 PM | 20 Jun, 2018
KARACHI- Former president Asif Ali Zardari has mentioned in his nomination papers that he possesses an iqama (foreign ...
Moreover, her nomination papers show that she had millions of rupees, Rs18,931,000 to be precise, invested in numerous companies.
The document further shows that Maryam paid Rs1,491,000 in taxes during the financial year ending on June 30, 2016, however, her payment to the taxman for the next year plummeted to Rs41,961.
Maryam, the daughter of a former prime minister, is running for NA-125 and NA-127 and facing corruption references in the accountability court of judge Muhammad Bashir as well.
- A Star-studded Launch of the realme 8 Series Awaits with a ...06:59 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani ACCA topper Zara Dar pens a heartwarming note about parents04:36 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021