World in 'new and dangerous phase' of COVID-19, warns WHO
GENEVA - World Health Organization (WHO) has urged the countries to remain extremely vigilant as the number of cases hit a new peak.
Speaking at a virtual news conference, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that the coronavirus pandemic is now in a new and dangerous phase with the disease accelerating at the same time as people tire of lockdowns.
The director general of the world health agency said that more than 150,000 new cases of COVID-19 were reported to the WHO in a single day.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:07 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 October 202108:41 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan denies any 'understanding' with US on use of airspace12:30 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP announces committee for talks with government11:50 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Defending champions West Indies take a shocking start ...11:15 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Inside Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam's fairytale wedding07:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ushna Shah's new bold photos set internet on fire04:56 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021