Trump reaches Saudi Arabia for first overseas visit
RIYADH - U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday arrived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for his first overseas visit since holding the office.
During his stay, he will attend the US- Arab, Islamic summit, at the invitation of King Suleman bin Abdul Aziz, besides holding meetings with the heads of several states, including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
This Riyadh conference will put focus on new alliances to eliminate extremist groups. And the Saudis' overriding goal is to convince the US and others to put far greater pressure on Iran.
During his eight-day long trip, he will land in Israel, the Palestinian territories, Brussels, the Vatican, and Sicily.
On Sunday, he will deliver a speech to leaders of 50 Muslim countries to outline his vision for US-Muslim relations.
Hours before Trump's arrival, Saudi air defence units claimed to have brought down a rocket south of the capital, Riyadh, that was allegedly fired from Yemen by Houthi rebels.
- LHC adjourns Rana Sanaullah's bail plea in drug case till Dec 1707:42 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- India's supremacist agenda will lead to massive bloodshed, warns PM ...07:23 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- COAS Bajwa lauds professional achievements of PAF, PAC05:54 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Game of Thrones ranked as 2019's most searched drama in US12:55 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019