Umar Akmal gets clean-chit from PCB over 'immoral activities'
Sources believe the cricketer have been given clean-chit by the PCB officials, as Akmal has already denied attending any ‘dance party’ in Hyderabad.
In his response Umar Akmal said that he only went to have dinner at a ceremony in Hyderabad after a formal permission of team management.
“A local newspaper of Hyderabad published news against me to earn a cheap publicity,” he maintained. “My family has been undergoing an intense mental torture following the false allegations against me.”
On November 12, the PCB has issued a show cause notice to Umar Akmal for attending ‘dance party’ in Hyderabad earlier this year. According to PCB, the cricketer had defamed Pakistan by his involvement in immoral activities. The cricketer also tarnished the face of Pakistan cricket in front of foreign nations.
The cricket board also dropped him from T20 squad for three-match series against England.
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour09:35 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore09:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022