Umar Akmal gets clean-chit from PCB over 'immoral activities'
Sources believe the cricketer have been given clean-chit by the PCB officials, as Akmal has already denied attending any ‘dance party’ in Hyderabad.
In his response Umar Akmal said that he only went to have dinner at a ceremony in Hyderabad after a formal permission of team management.
“A local newspaper of Hyderabad published news against me to earn a cheap publicity,” he maintained. “My family has been undergoing an intense mental torture following the false allegations against me.”
On November 12, the PCB has issued a show cause notice to Umar Akmal for attending ‘dance party’ in Hyderabad earlier this year. According to PCB, the cricketer had defamed Pakistan by his involvement in immoral activities. The cricketer also tarnished the face of Pakistan cricket in front of foreign nations.
The cricket board also dropped him from T20 squad for three-match series against England.
- Honda increases car prices by up to Rs126,00006:51 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup – Papua New Guinea win toss, opt to bat first against ...06:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- ‘Beti Patao’ – Indian PM Modi’s latest gaffe sparks meme fest ...05:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- 'Main Chala’ - Salman Khan shares the teaser of his latest music ...04:33 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021