Chinese boy who sold his kidney to buy iPhone is now on dialysis
BEIJING – A 17-year-old Chinese boy sold one of his kidneys to an organ dealer in 2011 to buy an iPhone and iPad, later contracted an infection in the remaining kidney resulted in organ failure.
The Chinese man contacted organ peddler on an online chat room and then underwent an illegal surgery in the Hunan province, without his parents' approval. Post-operative medical care was not provided.
Fast-forward to 2020, the man is unable to leave the bed and is attached to a dialysis machine after suffering from renal deficiency.
Buying the newest Apple product at the cost of a kidney is a long-running joke on the internet. Unfortunately, one Chinese teenager took it literally and paid a price far greater than that of an iPhone.
- Eight shot dead over land dispute in KP11:10 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020