Nandi Pur power plant: Shahzad Akbar appointed as new Project Director
He was appointed as part of government’s efforts to make plant operational earlier. He had been working as Resident Engineer of the project but now he has been inducted as new project director.
Former MD Mohammad Mehmood was sacked last week after an independent probe into the failed project started.
Nandipur plant has been proven to be a total failure. The main problem with the tri-fuel Nandipur power plant is the low capacity of the furnace oil treatment plant, which has created hurdles in the way of operating the power plant at full capacity.
The Nandipur power plant requires a furnace oil treatment plant with an annual capacity of 30 million tons, but the current treatment plant only has the capacity to process 19 million tons.
Now the EPC contractor is making arrangements to enhance the capacity of the treatment plant at its own expense to meet this obligation.
- Prisoners granted 90-day remission on Eid Milad-un-Nabi04:13 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Man raped youngest daughter after master ‘told him to have sex with ...03:18 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Mahira Khan gets hilariously pranked at LSA 202102:52 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021