Why this Saudi man asked court to jail daughter for life?
The father, who was summoned to court in the Western Red Sea port of Jeddah, had rejected mediation attempts by relatives and friends to let his daughter back home.
“He asked the judge to keep her in prison until her death because he does not want her to return home,” ‘Okaz’ Arabic language daily said.
The judge appealed for the man to reconsider his decision. He reminded him that all humans are vulnerable to mistakes and that he should forgive his daughter.
The paper said the judge also told the man that refusing to receive his daughter would not solve the problem. It did not mention whether the father accepted the judge’s plea.
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021