Why this Saudi man asked court to jail daughter for life?
The father, who was summoned to court in the Western Red Sea port of Jeddah, had rejected mediation attempts by relatives and friends to let his daughter back home.
“He asked the judge to keep her in prison until her death because he does not want her to return home,” ‘Okaz’ Arabic language daily said.
The judge appealed for the man to reconsider his decision. He reminded him that all humans are vulnerable to mistakes and that he should forgive his daughter.
The paper said the judge also told the man that refusing to receive his daughter would not solve the problem. It did not mention whether the father accepted the judge’s plea.
- Pakistan to remain on FATF grey list10:02 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Prepared to defend Pakistan' – Top commander witnesses battle ...08:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Another 40 buses of Green Line Rapid Bus Service arrive at Karachi ...07:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Tarin retained as member of National Economic Council06:41 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021