Saudi Arabia gifts 150 tons of dates to Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Saudi Embassy in Pakistan has delivered 150 tons of dates today as a gift from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the South Asian country.
The Kingdom's gift was delivered by Saudi Ambassador to Pakistan Nawaf bin Saeed Al-Malki during a ceremony which was held at the Saudi Embassy's headquarters in Islamabad Tuesday and attended by Director of King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) Branch in Pakistan Dr. Khalid bin Mohammed Al-Othmani, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
With the advent of holy month of Ramzan, the demand of dates has increased manifold as it considered to be the most important item of Iftar according to religious perspective. The tradition of breaking fast with Khajoor (date) is connected to the religious practices in Ramzan as Muslims across the globe prefer to eat dates in Iftar prior to anything else.
Besides religious importance, dates are one of the most popular fruits with a list of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, required for normal growth, development and overall well-being.
Saudi Arabia is the second-largest producer of dates in the world.
- Two students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab11:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Saudi Arabia announces to restore Umrah pilgrimage in phases09:32 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Brand Spectrum wins Best Social Media Campaign recognition at ...09:12 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020