OPPO, Ericsson sign global patent license agreement
Adler Feng, Head of OPPO Intellectual Property Department, stated that the agreement will lay a solid foundation for further cooperation between the two companies in the 5G era. “OPPO has always placed intellectual property rights as our top priority. We look forward to working with Ericsson to drive cutting-edge innovation in products and services,” he added.
OPPO has filed more than 33,000 patent applications worldwide and owns more than 8,000 granted patents in 2019.
Gustav Brismark, Chief Intellectual Property Officer at Ericsson, says: “This important deal confirms the value of our patent portfolio and further validates the Ericsson FRAND licensing program. Ericsson has signed more than 100 patent license agreements to date, and we are delighted to sign a mutually beneficial agreement with OPPO.”
Ericsson said it has signed more than 100 patent licensing agreements to date.
Previously, smartphone maker OPPO in a strategic partnership with China Mobile unveiled its Find X 5G Prototype for the first time at the China Mobile Global Partners Conference in Guangzhou. The OPPO Find X flagship smartphone leads the all-screen trend in the smartphone industry.
The company said that it would want to work with industry partners to develop a new ecosystem for 5G.
At the event, OPPO along with Qualcomm and Keysight demonstrated 5G data connectivity and how fast it would work on applications including browsing, watching videos and making video calls using the Find X 5G prototype.
- SC’s Justice Isa allowed to argue his case himself12:07 AM | 3 Mar, 2021
- China to gift additional 0.5 million doses of coronavirus vaccine to ...11:43 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- What a delivery! Woman orders iPhone 12 Pro Max but receives Apple ...11:32 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan aims at vaccinating 70 million people against COVID-19 in ...11:31 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- First round matches decided in Hush Puppies Junior National Tennis11:19 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 'Darlings’ – Alia Bhatt collaborates with Shahrukh Khan for first ...07:06 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Mere Paas Tum Ho actor Rehmat Ajmal looks stunning on her Mayoun03:15 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Justin Bieber celebrates 27th birthday03:25 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021