PM Imran approves comprehensive retaliation to any aggression by India
The premier chaired a high-level meeting of the National Security Committee on Thursday which was attended by the military chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Zubair Mahmood Hayat, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and other top security officials.
The forum noted that the state of Pakistan was not involved in any way, means or form in the said incident, said a statement issued after the meeting.
'The incident was conceived, planned and executed indigenously,' the press release stated.
PM Imran warns India against any military ... 12:44 PM | 19 Feb, 2019
LAHORE – Prime Minister Imran Khan has warned India of retaliation in case of any aggressive military action ...
The participants agreed that Pakistan had sincerely offered an investigation of the incident as well as the offer for a dialogue on the issue of terrorism among other disputed issues.
"We expect India to positively respond to the offers. Based on the investigation or any tangible evidence provided, the State of Pakistan shall take action against anyone found using our soil," the statement read.
"However, India also needs deep introspection to realize that why people of IOK have lost fear of death. The violence by Indian forces in IOK is highly counterproductive. The global community needs to play its part in resolving the long pending Kashmir issue in accordance with UN resolutions and aspirations of the Kashmiris." it continued.
On the occasion, the prime minister said this is a new Pakistan and 'we are determined to demonstrate to our people that the state is capable of protecting them and believes that monopoly of violence stays with the state'.
The premier noted that terrorism and extremism were the top issues in the region and Pakistan has suffered from it as well.
"Pakistan alone has endured over 70,000 casualties in the process besides heavy loss to national exchequer. That is why the National Action Plan conceived and issued in 2014, outlined concrete sequenced measures with a consensus of all political parties and institutions of Pakistan. Having addressed a direct threat to the State of Pakistan, we need to move to ensure that militancy and extremism are routed from the society and the State never becomes hostage to extremists," the communique stated.
The prime minister also directed both the Ministry of Interior and security institutions to immediately accelerate actions on the ground.
Prior to the meeting, PM Khan also held a meeting with Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa; both the civil-military biggies discussed geo-strategic and national security environment.
The attack is the worst in decades of insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir, India’s only Muslim majority state. Analysts claim that the attack might have been a false flag owing to the upcoming elections in India as anti-Pakistan sentiments are whipped up to garner support.
Pakistan condemned the attack with Prime Minister Imran Khan offering that the country would help track the culprits if New Delhi provides any substantial evidence in this regard.
- One killed, 40 injured as Karachi Express coaches derail near Rohri09:40 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,780 new Covid-19 cases, 39 deaths08:58 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 07 March 202108:25 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Hasheeh, Shimza, Asad win titles in Hush Puppies Junior National ...11:42 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Twitter finds ‘PTI’ man who attacked PML-N leaders outside ...11:11 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shehnaaz Gill and Badshah’s new song is a treat for the fans07:25 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021