‘Eid moon is born,’ Pakistan science minister takes on Ruet-e-Hilal body
ISLAMABAD – In a confrontation with Ruet-e-Hilal Committee, Federal Minister for Science and Technology said that Zil Haj moon, according to science, has sighted.
Earlier, Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman announced that the committee had not received any moon sighting evidence and Eid will fall on August 1.
The science minister, according to local media, said that they [Ruet committee members] said that moon is not visible due to cloudy weather.
He said that the new moon can be seen Ruet app, which was launched by the ministry last year.
If prayer is offered by watching clock then why the moon cannot be seen through the app, he added.
ذُوالحجہ1441 ہجری کے چاند کی پیدائش (Birth of New Moon) پاکستان کے معیاری وقت کے مطابق رات 10:33 پر ہو چکی ہے. آج 21 جولائی کو پاکستان میں کراچی اور گرد و نواح کے مطلع میں چاند نظر آجائیگا، ہاں اگر بادل ہیں Ruet App ڈاؤن لوڈ کریں بالکل صحیح مقام دیکھیں— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) July 21, 2020
The minister had claimed that the moon will be visible in Pakistan at 10:33 pm on July 31 in Karachi and nearby areas.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020