IHC orders recovery of senior journalist Matiullah Jan
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday served notices to the security officials and others with directions to ensure recovery of senior journalist Matiullah Jan.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah conducted the hearing on a petition moved by Jan's brother Shahid Abbasi, seeking recovery of the journalist.
The court also directed the respondents to appear in person if they failed to recover Matiullah Jan.
The petition was moved through Barrister Jahangir Jandoon Advocate. The representatives of Islamabad High Court Journalists Association were alsoin attendance during the proceeding.
Pakistani journalist and TV host Matiullah Jan was abducted from Islamabad, his family said on Tuesday.
Jan's wife told the media that his car was found with keys but he was missing.
A video showing how he was abducted from outside his home went viral on social media. He stopped his car in front of his house and then he was not there while the keys of the car were still there inside.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020