Zika virus vaccine to be tested on humans
Phase I study of the vaccine tests will involve 40 healthy subjects and evaluate safety, tolerability and immune response generated by it.
“We plan to dose our first subjects in the next weeks and expect to report phase I interim results later this year,” Inovio CEO J Joseph Kim said.
Zika virus, which has now become a significant global threat, has been associated with microcephaly, a birth anomaly characterized by an unusually small head and potential developmental problems.
Last week, U.S. health officials reported three babies born with birth defects likely linked to a Zika infection in the mother during pregnancy.
Besides Inovio, French drugmaker Sanofi and India’s Bharat Biotech are also in bid to develop a vaccine for the Zika Virus.
- #Pakistan's #Covid19 cases cross 5,000-mark for the first time since ...09:28 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 January 202208:41 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021