Zika virus vaccine to be tested on humans
Phase I study of the vaccine tests will involve 40 healthy subjects and evaluate safety, tolerability and immune response generated by it.
“We plan to dose our first subjects in the next weeks and expect to report phase I interim results later this year,” Inovio CEO J Joseph Kim said.
Zika virus, which has now become a significant global threat, has been associated with microcephaly, a birth anomaly characterized by an unusually small head and potential developmental problems.
Last week, U.S. health officials reported three babies born with birth defects likely linked to a Zika infection in the mother during pregnancy.
Besides Inovio, French drugmaker Sanofi and India’s Bharat Biotech are also in bid to develop a vaccine for the Zika Virus.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022