Jim Carrey holds Donald Trump responsible for the Christchurch mosque terror attacks
After initially paying tribute online (via a poignant self-portrait) to the victims of the shooting at the two Garden City mosques, the Canadian-born Hollywood actor then switched from grief to anger.
"Innocent people are now being slaughtered, families ruined and children's lives destroyed. All in his name," he posted on Sunday (US Time). above a cartoon depicting the 45th American President as a fiery comet screaming toward earth, with a swastika symbol emblazoned on his forehead.
"If the Craven Republican Senate allows this vile miscreant to continue encouraging divisiveness, the Trump Presidency will become an EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT," the Eternal Sunshine of the Dumb and Dumber actor continued.
Here is the tweet by Jim Carrey:
Innocent people are now being slaughtered, families ruined and childrens’ lives destroyed. All in his name. If the Craven Republican Senate allows this vile miscreant to continue encouraging devisiveness, the “Trump Presidency” will become an EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT. pic.twitter.com/RW4cHF0WDq— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 17, 2019
People also reacted to the Ace Ventura actor tweet within no time. and the post got multiple likes and re-tweets in thousands. Let's have a look at some of the reactions :
Lol perfect example of someone who wouldn’t know hate even if it was the strongest trait of the person running their own country.— MYODB (@SNLSTT) March 18, 2019
Jim doesn't. He only depicts.— Keena Kcmla Brown (@KeenaTweets) March 18, 2019
This is true...this is only the beginning!— AnaMac💙 (@Ana_Mac1) March 19, 2019
Trump's anti-Muslim stance is well documented. One of his first acts after taking office was to sign an executive order to put a travel ban place for a number of predominantly Muslim countries.
During his 2016 presidential campaign he told CNN's Anderson Cooper that "Islam hates us," and in the months prior, he told Fox News that Muslims were "sick people."
Here is the video clip:
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa, wife recover from coronavirus01:17 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nescafe Basement’s Xulfi accused of sexual harassment11:02 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021