54 districts of Pakistan affected by locust attack: NDMA
ISLAMABAD – A total of 54 districts of the country have been affected by locust attack, including 31 districts of Balochistan, 8 of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 10 of Punjab and five districts of Sindh, the state media said.
A spokesman of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), in a statement, said that both ariel and ground spray of various districts was underway right now.
NDMA has completed the poisonous fumes spray of over 6,400 hectares and survey of 469,000 hectares locust swarm hit areas of the country in the last 24 hours.
Sharing details of ongoing efforts to kill locust swarms, he said the spraying of 3,000 hectare areas of Balochistan, 2,000 hectare areas of Punjab, 800 hectare area in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and 600 hectare areas of Sindh have been completed in the last 24 hours.
The ariel spray of over 100 hectare area of Killa Khair Garh of district Rahim Yar Khan has beenconducted aimed at killing the locust.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020