AIOU re-introduces ten vocational, technical training courses
ISLAMABAD - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has re-introduced ten special courses of vocational and technical training for which admission could be applied before October 25, it was stated here on Monday.
These courses are aimed at capacity-building of the people who are already engaged in technical work. Special certificates will be awarded to them on successful completion of the courses.
These consisted of one semester, six-month duration. The courses include auto servicing, electrical wiring, auto electrician, auto mechanical services, plumbing, welding, refrigeration and air conditioning, steel fixing, quality surveyor and civil draftsman.
While highlighting the importance of the courses, Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Zia-Ul-Qayyum said, the University has focused on socio-economic needs of the people while developing new academic programs.
He hoped that the maximum number of people will benefit from such programs to improve their professional skill and academic standing.
With an affordable fee structure, the AIOU has launched around 1200 academic programs to meet the educational needs of the people.
The University is providing access to thousands of those people particularly females are unable to join the formal education system due to social and financial impediments.
It also proved most beneficial for an on-job section of society, as it facilitates them to continue their education while earning their livelihood.
The University provides flexible education covering all segments irrespective of their age and living-distance.
- 3rd & final T-20 between Pakistan and Bangladesh at Lahore’s ...11:39 AM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Inflation, unemployment major challenges for government, says Sheikh ...09:24 AM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No report of any confirmed coronavirus case in Pakistan, says Dr Zafar08:40 AM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Agha Ali reacts to rumours with Hina Altaf04:19 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019