SICK WITH CTRL+ALT+DELETE: Colorado man ‘executes’ his PC with eight bullets
"He was having technology problems, so he took it to the back alley and destroyed it," a police spokesman said.
Lucas Hinch was briefly detained for discharging a firearm within the city.
He did not realise he was breaking the law when he went "Wild West" on his machine, local media reported.
A judge is due to decide what penalty he will receive.
"He got tired of fighting with his computer for the last several months," police spokesman Jeff Strossner told the Colorado Springs Gazette.
The paper said that Mr Hinch "shot the darn thing" when ctrl+alt+delete - the traditional method used to re-boot computers - "consistently did not work" on Monday evening.
"He was able to wreak the kind of revenge most of us only dream about," the paper said. "The computer is not expected to recover."
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Former KP IGP Nasir Durrani dies of COVID-1906:36 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Mobilink Microfinance Bank launches School Loan to financially ...06:29 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021