SICK WITH CTRL+ALT+DELETE: Colorado man ‘executes’ his PC with eight bullets
"He was having technology problems, so he took it to the back alley and destroyed it," a police spokesman said.
Lucas Hinch was briefly detained for discharging a firearm within the city.
He did not realise he was breaking the law when he went "Wild West" on his machine, local media reported.
A judge is due to decide what penalty he will receive.
"He got tired of fighting with his computer for the last several months," police spokesman Jeff Strossner told the Colorado Springs Gazette.
The paper said that Mr Hinch "shot the darn thing" when ctrl+alt+delete - the traditional method used to re-boot computers - "consistently did not work" on Monday evening.
"He was able to wreak the kind of revenge most of us only dream about," the paper said. "The computer is not expected to recover."
- Outsiders need NOC to marry women in this Pakistani district11:19 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Kristian Pengwin shares how devoting to your goals can lead to success10:30 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Punjab govt employees get 9-day holiday for Eid10:14 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Shahid Afridi awarded lifetime memberships of Marylebone Cricket Club09:33 PM | 4 May, 2021
- 30 Australian cricket stars stranded in India amid worsening COVID-19 ...08:59 PM | 4 May, 2021
- WATCH – Nora Fatehi invites fans to dance with her!03:30 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Twitter 'permanently suspends' Kangana Ranaut's account01:26 PM | 4 May, 2021