Met deptt warns Sindh for possible heatwave
According to the department, the city is likely to witness an increase in the intensity in temperature. Day temperature will gradually up on Friday , ranging from 38°C to 40°C, and is predicted to continue till Sunday.
“Due to a high pressure cell, the winds will take turn from southwesterly to northwesterly gradually which will bring hot and dry air mass to Karachi and other coastal areas cutting the sea breeze,” the Met Office reported.
The department on Thursday also issued its first warning about a possible heatwave that is expected to strike the coastal city in coming days.
Last year, more than one thousand people died in a severe three-day heatwave in the metropolis. Nearly 80,000 people were treated for the effects of heatstroke and dehydration, according to medical officials.
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- China unveils ‘world’s largest’ planetarium08:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Justice Isa taken to hospital after health deteriorates due to Covid ...08:41 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...05:30 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021