Mitsubishi Motors under investigation over false mileage data
Local media reports showed investigators entering offices of the company's assembly plant in central Japan's Nagoya on Thursday. On Wednesday, the company apologized for what it said was intentional falsification of mileage test data.
Trading in Mitsubishi Motors' shares halted before the close on Thursday after the shares fell nearly 20.5 per cent.
Mitsubishi Motors was tarnished by a massive recall coverup 15 years ago.
The inaccurate tests by the Tokyo-based automaker involved so-called “minicars” with tiny engines whose main attraction is generally great mileage. Mitsubishi said fuel economy was falsely boosted by about 5 per cent or 10 per cent.
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan’s first meme auctioned for $52,00009:40 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021