Is Meera really stuck in NYC because of COVID-19 pandemic?
Earlier this week, a video of actor Meera went viral on social media wherein the Baaji star was reportedly stranded alone in a hotel room in New York because of the ongoing pandemic.
Meera addressed Prime Minister Imran Khan in the video, requesting him to help her come back to Pakistan.
“With limited cash, my stay in New York has become difficult. I am stuck here, where scores of people are dying and it is turning into a graveyard. Death is inevitable, but I would prefer dying in my country than abroad. I wish to die in Pakistan,” Meera had said in the video.
A few media outlets report that the video is apparently fake. Meera is only pretending to be stuck in NYC, whereas in reality, the ‘hotel room’ is actually a room in Naveed’s house.
View this post on Instagram
Flying to Atlanta #usa awareness health programPlease stay at home I have reason to go I have a request to all of you please don’t go out sit at 🏡 Prevention is better than cure. Stay safe!! Stay home !!! #Socialdistancing #coronavirus May Allah keep all of us safe Ameen #Washhandsregularly
According to Meera, she came to the US with fellow actor including Humayun Saeed, who went back to Pakistan earlier in March. The actor claims that while others returned back home, she was still stuck in NYC.
Do you believe Meera? Or is this just another publicity stunt? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below and stay tuned for more!
- 2-year-old dies of polio virus in Lahore05:34 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 253,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,320 confirmed ...03:31 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Iran drops India from Chabahar rail project01:53 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- AC decides to indict Zardari in Thatta water supply case on August 412:52 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain shares his sentiments on Esra Bilgic becoming the ...11:54 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020