US’ S&P terms Pakistan’s long-term outlook ‘stable’ amid COVID-19
WASHINGTON - The United States (US)-based rating agency; Standard and Poor’s has said that Pakistan had made progress toward consolidating its fiscal accounts during first nine months of its Extended Funding Facility program with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and affirmed ‘B-‘long-term and ‘B’ short-term sovereign credit ratings for Pakistan.
A press release issued by S&P said the government had made solid progress toward important fiscal and economic reforms prior to the start of global coronavirus outbreak and reform momentum should return once pandemic is better contained.
The stable outlook reflects expectations that funding from IMF and other partners along with a recent improvement in Pakistan’s balance of payments position, will be sufficient for the country to meet its considerable external obligations over the next 12 months.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020