Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play Bal Thackeray in upcoming biopic
Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan, Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray and Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut attended film’s trailer launch event on Thursday.
As Nawazuddin was shooting in Mauritius, he couldn’t attend the event, but he shared a video message which said, “It’s truly a great day for me. I am fortunate to have got an opportunity to enact the role of such a great personality which any actor in the world would love to do. I am sure Balasaheb will inspire and bless me in this venture.”
The poster of the biopic was uncovered by Uddhav Thackeray. The film will be directed by Abhijit Panse.
The brief teaser depicts a scene from the two-phased riots which bloodied Mumbai in December 1992-January 1993 in the backdrop of the demolition of the Babri Mosque and a grim Thackeray (Siddiqui) preparing to address his customary annual Dussehra Rally at Shivaji Park before a sea of saffron flags.
The film is scheduled for release on January 23, 2019, the 93rd birth anniversary of Thackeray.
- Prime suspect in Faisalabad sexual assault case publicly beaten up in ...06:57 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan lose early wickets in 187 run chase in second ...06:33 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022