PM Imran arrives in Peshawar on day-long visit
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has arrived in Peshawar on a day-long visit on Monday.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Shah Farman and Chief Minister Mahmood Khan received the premier, who will hold consultations on the government and party affairs.
وزیر اعظم عمران خان کی پشاور میں گورنر خیبر پختونخوا شاہ فرمان اور وزیر اعلیٰ خیبر پختونخوا محمود خان سے ملاقات۔— Prime Minister's Office (@PakPMO) February 22, 2021
ملاقات میں صوبہ خیبر پختونخوا میں زیر تکمیل ترقیاتی منصوبہ جات اور سیاسی امور پر گفتگو ہوئی pic.twitter.com/p57uuHkVeG
The visit comes days after the ruling PTI suffered setback in PK-63 Nowshera by-polls.
On Saturday, KP Minister for Irrigation Liaqat Khattak was de-notified on Saturday for supporting a candidate of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in by-polls for PK-63.
Special Assistant to KP Chief Minister on Information Kamran Bangash shared the notification on Twitter, stating that Khattak was removed after approval from Prime Minister Imran Khan.
“The Governor of the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in exercise of the powers conferred under clause 3 of Article 132 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan read with clause 1 of Article 105 thereof, is pleased to de-notify Mr. Liaqat Khattak” from his office, said the notification.
- Pakistan Railways’ fares go up as operation resumes after massive ...01:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Cabinet gives go-ahead to start probe into audio leaks featuring ...12:51 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Bahawalpur Main Ajnabi: a book review by Javed Khan12:18 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022