PM Imran emphasises on creating tax culture to boost human development
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday said that running a country without paying taxes might be possible in fairy tales but not in real life.
Addressing a ceremony related to distributing sales and income tax refund cheques among prominent exporters in the federal capital, the premier said that Pakistan’s human development index was going down as the government does not have investment to spend on human resources.
“We are making efforts in creating tax culture,” he said while appreciating FBR Chairman Shabbar Zadi to boost the tax collection.
He further said that the government was employing all its efforts in supporting and promoting the business community especially promoting industrialization.
Urging the businessmen, Khan said that Pakistan would not be able to compete in the world until business and trader’s community does not acknowledge the tax culture by paying taxes.
Calling an end to smuggling, the premier said: “Our industry never gets the chance to grow as everything enters the country from outside through smuggling”.
He said that for the first time in four years, the current account deficit turned into a surplus.
He added that a depreciating economy and no foreign exchange reserves become a bane for economic growth.
- World Contraception Day 2020 — Experts for managing population, ...12:18 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pak Army solider martyred in Indian firing along LoC11:34 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- PIA indebted to Karachi plane crash survivor for trusting national ...10:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- 13 burnt alive after passenger vehicle catches fire in Sindh’s ...09:44 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Drug probe: Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan ...02:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Lily Collins is engaged to Charlie McDowell02:03 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020