PM Imran emphasises on creating tax culture to boost human development
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday said that running a country without paying taxes might be possible in fairy tales but not in real life.
Addressing a ceremony related to distributing sales and income tax refund cheques among prominent exporters in the federal capital, the premier said that Pakistan’s human development index was going down as the government does not have investment to spend on human resources.
“We are making efforts in creating tax culture,” he said while appreciating FBR Chairman Shabbar Zadi to boost the tax collection.
He further said that the government was employing all its efforts in supporting and promoting the business community especially promoting industrialization.
Urging the businessmen, Khan said that Pakistan would not be able to compete in the world until business and trader’s community does not acknowledge the tax culture by paying taxes.
Calling an end to smuggling, the premier said: “Our industry never gets the chance to grow as everything enters the country from outside through smuggling”.
He said that for the first time in four years, the current account deficit turned into a surplus.
He added that a depreciating economy and no foreign exchange reserves become a bane for economic growth.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019