CCP To hold hearing on competition concerns in sugar sector on Thursday
On 18 January 2018, CCP published a public notice in the newspapers to inform the stakeholders and general public about the open hearing, which is expected to be attended by the farmers, sugar mill owners, consumers both from trade and industry and the general public, as well as the concerned federal and provincial government officials.
CCP will listen to the viewpoint of all the stakeholders and will then issue its opinion, said a press release issued on Monday.
The importance of competition in the sugar sector cuts across various levels of the market from sugarcane growers, through sugar mills, to commercial and common consumers. As a result, this sector has been the subject of various enforcement, advocacy, and policy level initiatives of the CCP in the past, with all efforts invariably aimed at making the sector more competitive.
The opening hearing is being held under the CCP’s advocacy mandate under Section 29 of the Competition Act, 2010. CCP is mandated to ensure a healthy competition in all spheres of commercial and economic activity to enhance economic efficiency and to protect consumers from anti-competitive practices.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021